This is more for my own reference when I don’t feel like going, or don’t make time for it, but you may find it helpful if – like me – you find it hard to motivate yourself to take that perilous journey towards the automatic doors at the gym.
- Feel better for a couple of hours, starting immediately afterwards
- Feel worse and better all at once while at the gym
- Be healthier, more alert with less caffeine
- Lose some weight and hence lower my blood pressure
- Be stronger and more flexible, like I was when I was still young – so long ago!
- Reduce my general sense of stress and busy-ness
- Have some time out to listen to music (or sermons)
This is quite different from my original goal with the gym – being able to eat junk-food while not gaining weight. Ah, how times have changed.