A reader asks – what is something that you’d could be persuaded to buy when you go for your coffee: specifically, something with a long-ish shelf life. No one wants, for example, stale croissants, but it’s possible that you might like to have a small, gourmet chocolate.
In my travels, I’ve seen a lot of different places, with a big variety of options for things that will go with coffee, but most are highly perishable:
- Portuguese custard tarts from sweet belem
- The selection of tiny chocolates (free when the place first opened) from electric bean
- a range of cafes that home-make their cakes and biscotti to order
- cookies from Byron Bay Cookie Company
- toffee, if it’s stored in the right container – my wife makes an amazing pistachio toffee
- if there’s room for a toaster, banana bread or fruit bread
- muesli in a takeaway container, maybe with berries and yoghurt – one of my favourites from home espresso
Do you have any favourite long-life snacks to go with coffee?